Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Exciting March Book Release

JODI PICOULT - Sing you Home
Coming March 1st



As one of my very favorite authors, Jodi Picoult writes books that make you think by delving into cultures and subcultures that you may not be familiar with.  She tackles controversial issues, such as teen suicide, school shootings, religious stigmata, witchcraft, Asperger's Syndrome, and the list goes on and on.  Her themes usually blur the lines of morality, making you question what is right.  Her work is well-researched and has to power to open your mind to ideas and beliefs you may have once been closed to.  Usually, her books are unpredictable, with a multitude of characters who offer different perspectives on the same issue.  Her newest release focuses again on a very current and controversial issue.  In this story, a lesbian couple fights for the right to start a family.  Always thought-provoking, I look forward to reading her newest novel and encourage you to do so as well!  

If the topic of this is not something that appeals to you, I recommend The Pact or Keeping Faith - two of my favorites.  I listened to House Rules on my long drive from South Carolina to New Mexico this fall, but had trouble with the plot.  I felt that the entire novel could have been saved about 200 hundred pages had one simple question been asked:  Did you kill her?  However, this is the only book of hers that I found disappointing and do highly recommend that everyone give her a chance.  You'll be hooked!

www.jodipicoult.com