Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1st Draft Complete!



I couldn't have done it without the patience (emphasis on patience)
and support of my handsome husband!

I’ve completed the first draft of my novel! WHOO HOO!!! :)

Now, I know that I have many, many, many revisions to do, but it is a great feeling to have reached this first major milestone in my writing.  

I want to jump right into the revisions, but I’ve decided to let my manuscript sit for a week without looking at it and come back to it fresh next week, ready to work.

It was my mom's encouragement that kept me going.  She's
my biggest fan (although totally biased).  I love you, Mom!
Who says that camping can’t be productive???  (Lucky for me, my computer battery died just as I typed – and saved – my final sentence.)

Cheers to accomplishing our goals and reaching for our dreams! :)

*Special thanks to my mom, husband, best friends Jill and Laura, and my sister.  Also, I never would have started or continued this novel without the encouragement of my 6th and 7th graders in Arizona. I began writing with them in class and it grew from there.* 

No comments: