Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Heading to Los Angeles tomorrow for the SCBWI Summer Conference!

Some of the Stoklosa clan (my maiden name);
Grandpa, Grandma, my parents, aunt, uncle, and some of my cousins
(in no particular order). 
I'm back!  Thank you, everyone, for your kind words.  My grandpa's death was a shock as he was killed in a car accident, but the family is strong and doing well.




On a more positive note, tomorrow I leave for the SCBWI Summer Conference and I am PUMPED!  This will be my first writing conference, so I am a bit nervous, but I'm looking forward to meeting great people and learning how to become a better writer.

I'll be sure to keep updates on my thoughts and experiences throughout the conference.  Also, SCBWI does have its own conference blog, which is worth checking out so that even if you can't attend, you'll get the scoop!

SCBWI Summer Conference Blog:
http://scbwiconference.blogspot.com/

No comments: