Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Black Friday


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday and for those of you daring enough to risk the crowds today (I am not), good luck!

I haven't written in a while because of a really bad week last week.  It started on Monday when I spilled an entire cup of coffee on my computer - the one place I had my entire novel stored.  Yes, I cried like a baby.  After desperately calling for a substitute teacher - to no avail, I hauled my miserable self to school.  I felt like everything I had worked for had been lost.  It hurt like hell.

What did I learn from this?  Backup hard drives are a necessity.

The good news is that my wonderful husband spent much of his time off last week visiting computer repair stores and ordering me a new computer.  They were able to save my hard drive - THANK GOD!  And my new computer didn't arrive until this week.  Yesterday, my husband and I were finally able to get the new computer up and running, complete with all of my old documents, pictures, and music.

So, please, excuse my absence.  I'm back - with my new hard drive on standby.

Have a good one, everyone!

No comments: