Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let's Start the Countdown!



This is entirely unrelated to writing or reading, but is totally exciting (and terrifying) to me.  After our doctor's visit today - we are about 37 weeks along - we learned that the baby could come any time now!

Just last night, I looked at my husband and said, "We're going to have a baby in three weeks."

He looked back at me and said, "Wow."

And I responded with, "Holy crap.  That's soon."

But now, it appears things are progressing along even more quickly and Baby Wilson may be making her debut even earlier.  The doctor predicts we will not make it until August 24th with how far along we are already.

We're just keeping our fingers crossed that she doesn't come while he's out of town next week!

I'm feeling a mixture of emotions.  Fear:  Yikes!  I'm scared!  I'm not ready!  There is still more to do! I'm going to be a crappy parent!  Life will never be the same!  I need more time!


And excitement:  Yeah!  After all of this time, I'm finally going to meet her!  I wonder who she'll look like?  I'm going to love her.  I can't wait!


I just wanted to share or really, unload.   Wish us luck!


No comments: