Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Join the Challenge!

Laurie Halse Anderson - bestselling, award-winning author of Speak, Catalyst, Chains, Forge, and many others - has launched her 5th Annual Write 15 Minutes a Day Challenge for the month of August.

For each of us, life sometimes gets in the way of our writing, but this challenge is a great way to get back into it without feeling overwhelmed.  15 minutes is VERY doable!  And not only that, it will often lead to more time spent writing.  I know that I have trouble stopping once I start and this challenge gives me the jumpstart that I need.

For more details and to participate in the challenge, go to Anderson's blog at Mad Woman in the Forest Blog.

On a side note, Anderson is also a supporter of the NaNoWriMo project that occurs in November.  As an educator, I was thrilled to discover that the project also offers a Young Writers Program for classrooms.  I've already forwarded this information on to my principal in my excitement to get my future 7th graders writing a novel this year.  If you, too, are interested in learning more, go to NaNoWriMo and the Young Writers Program.

Now, get writing!

No comments: